Before reading this post, we strongly urge you to sign up for our free newsletter. It could be the only lifeline to free thought and commentary on pro-freedom, free society and love of the outdoors. We can no longer rely on social media. See above to subscribe.
Are you ready to be heard?
For the last 35 years, the Second Amendment Foundation and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms have held a Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC), open to all gun owners. This year, thanks to COVID-19, it’s going to be a virtual conference…and we just might discover that this is a better way to do things. This year’s will be a virtual event, held online Sept. 19-20, and it’s free to join.
Given that we’re heading into a crucial election season, this year’s conference theme is “Elect Freedom.” To register for the 2020 Gun Rights Policy Conference, go to www.saf.org/grpc/. You will receive information to join the event, which will be presented on several different platforms.
The conference agenda includes 32 panel discussions covering such subjects as federal and state legislative affairs, grassroots activism, suicide prevention, legal actions in defense of the Second Amendment, media and corporate attacks on the right to keep and bear arms, women’s issues, advancing the run rights message, and much more. There will also be a panel memorial honoring the late Joe Tartaro, SAF president and longtime executive editor of TheGunMag.com.
Can’t stop the signal
“Despite the problems relating to COVID-19,” SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb acknowledged, “we’re really excited about this year’s event, and because it is online, we are going to reach a huge audience. The importance of that cannot be over-estimated.
“We’ve got a lineup of presentations that will educate, inform and even entertain our GRPC audience,” he added. “We will also have some special VIP appearances.”
“Since the first GRPC was held in Seattle in 1986,” Gottlieb noted, “the event has evolved from 20 speakers and 70 attendees to more than 90 speakers and 1,100 attendees in 2019. The GRPC has become a ‘must attend’ event for gun rights advocates and grassroots activists across the country. This year we anticipate having nearly 120 gun rights speakers.”
And because the event is entirely online, gun rights activists can attend from the comfort of their own home.
“This will be an awesome event,” Gottlieb predicted, “and gun owners from coast to coast can virtually attend.”
Confirmed speakers include:
- Over a dozen lawyers who have filed some of the most important Second Amendment cases across the country.
- Tom Gresham, host of Gun Talk radio show.
- John Lott, economist, author and researcher.
- Cam Edwards, host of Cam & Company and BearingArms.com
- Stephen Gutowski, staff writer for the Washington Free Beacon.
- AWR Hawkins, author and contributor at Breitbart News.
- Mark Walters, host of Armed American Radio.
- Alan Gottlieb, Founder Second Amendment Foundation.
- Ryan Gresham, host of Guns & Gear.
- Massad Ayoob, renowned trainer and author.
- Dave Kopel, Second Amendment author and scholar.
- Rick Patterson, Vice President, Small Arms & Ammunition Manufacturers Institute.
- David T. Hardy, Esq., litigator, video producer, historian.
- Joe Bartozzi, President, National Shooting Sports Foundation.
- Ashley Hlebinsky, firearms historian.
- Leaders and Directors of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Gun Owners of America, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, National Shooting Sports Foundation, NRA-ILA, USCCA, US Law Shield, and the Second Amendment Foundation.
Once again, registration is free and you’ll have multiple choices for how to virtually attend. Here’s the link: www.saf.org/grpc/