Although the Great American Outdoor Show is one of the oldest and largest gun and gear shows in America, it’s only been run by the NRA since 2014. After the previous organizers of the show announced that they would no longer allow the display of black rifles, the Second Amendment advocacy organization took the reins to ensure that GAOS attendees–who had been visiting the show from hundreds of miles around for decades–would still be able to browse the most popular class of rifles in America. The 2020 GAOS has already begun, but since it runs from February 1-9, there’s still plenty of time to attend. The NRA has announced a tremendous schedule of new and not-to-miss attractions, seminars, celebrity guests, events and more. Will you be heading to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, to savor the guns, gear, and attractions (not to mention that nostalgic “barnyard” aroma that lingers in the Complex’s halls)?
Events and Attractions
- NRA Country Concert, Feb. 8: Chris Janson will be joined by special guests Jon Langston and Jacob Bryant for an epic night of music and celebration of the outdoor lifestyle.
- NRA Hunter Education: Visit the NRA booth at the main entrance of the Shooting Sports Hall to participate in the kids scavenger hunt or upload your photo to the hunter ‘brag board.’
- Expanded Small Arena seminars and presenters, and a new record of more than 250 seminars and demonstrations from outdoor experts.
- Jimmy Houston, Feb 6-7: One of the most well-known and colorful personalities in the world of fishing.
- Kip Campbell, Feb. 3-4: A renowned hunter who has traveled the world and multi-network award winning host of Red Arrow.
- James Blankenbeckler, Feb. 1, 3-6, 8: An expert in the in the field of whitetail deer hunting and host of Open Season TV.
- David & Karin Holder, Feb. 1-2, 4-5, 8-9: Founder of Raised Hunting TV, Raised at Full Draw, and Raised Outdoors.
- Jeremy Critchfield, Feb 1-9: Learn how to transform game into amazing entrees with the host of Hunt Chef.
Returning Favorite Speakers
- Barry Wensel, Feb. 1-9: Pennsylvania native Barry Wensel, will share his knowledge of hunting monster bucks.
- Dr. Grant Woods, Feb. 5-7: Learn hunting strategies and habitat management in his “Growing Deer” seminar based on the show GrowingDeer.tv, which he has produced for the past ten years.
- Jason Clark, Feb. 1-9: Nationally recognized reptile handler with more than 25 years of experience.
- Roland Martin, Feb. 3-4: Legendary angler known for his enthusiasm and expertise.
Click here for the seminar schedule.
Returning Favorite Events
- DockDogs, Feb. 1-5: The high-flying canine sensation returns to the Large Arena. New this year – Dueling Dogs!
- Kids Casting Contest, Feb. 1-2 & 8-9: Young anglers will learn how to cast, pitch and flip a fishing rod from Pennsylvania Bass Federation volunteers.
- Family Activities, Feb. 1-9: Eddie Eagle Kids Zone provides fun, interactive activities for kids of all ages. The NRA Air Gun Range features an indoor air gun range with a ton of fun, reactive targets. Family fun at the 3D Archery Range, Feb. 2, teach your kids to handle a bow.
- Wall of Guns, Feb. 1-9: Play the odds in The NRA Foundation’s ever-popular event sponsored by Nine Line Apparel, and try to win your choice from more than 40 firearms!
- Friends of NRA Banquet, Feb. 6: Fundraising for The NRA Foundation with chances to bid on and win unique firearms, merchandise and hunts.
The Great American Outdoor Show is family-friendly and inexpensive to attend. Per the NRA, there will be a late afternoon special: Just $8 and valid Monday through Thursday (Feb. 3-6) from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. This is a great way to see the Show after work, make follow-up purchases, or attend a specific seminar. All tickets valued at $12 or more are eligible for “Bounce Back” on the last day of the show. Guests who bring a previous day’s ticket receive FREE admission on Sunday, Feb. 9. Finally, guests who join the NRA or renew membership at the show receive a FREE one-day admission to the Great American Outdoor Show.
Do you plan to attend? If so, what are you hoping to do or see at the show?
Gun Rights1 month ago
Wow! NBC Reporter’s On-Air Gun Felony May Actually Be Prosecuted
Laws & Rights3 weeks ago
ALOHA, BRAH! Hawaii’s Insane Gun Laws Finally in the Crosshair
Ammo2 months ago
You’re Saying It Wrong! Four Frequent Firearm Foul-Ups
Laws & Rights2 months ago
2A Report Card: Biden’s SCOTUS Pick, Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson
Laws & Rights1 month ago
Sacramento Massacre: Blame Revolving-Door Prisons, Not Guns
Laws & Rights2 months ago
BREAKING: Half of America Now Allows Constitutional Carry
By Interest1 week ago
How They Make the World’s Biggest Revolver
By Type2 weeks ago
Di Di Mau: M1 Carbine For When Things Go Dinky-Dau