I may be hard as woodpecker lips, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love an easy slide.
Shooters with arthritis and other hand problems will be excited to learn that SCCY Firearms has recently announced a new semi-automatic handgun designed for concealed carry: the new CPX-4. This pistol, chambered in .380 AUTO, integrates an ambidextrous thumb safety into the platform…but the big news is the slide. If you’ve ever winced in pain as you tried your hardest to lock a slide back manually, SCCY’s description of their slide operation as “effortless” should be music to your ears. (After all, even if they’re exaggerating, anything’s got to be better than popping ibuprofen for 48 hours after a range session!)
SCCY seems to know that their target market for the CPX-4 is a bunch of tough old geezers (and geezettes, I guess) who know their stuff front to back, but whose hands just aren’t what they used to be. So this is hardly an entry-level gun: It’s packed with features such as the ROEBUCK QUADLOCK Barrel, 10+1 capacity, and fixed 3-dot sights.
SCCY’s commitment to quality continues with the CPX-4; every aspect of the gun is made in-house by Americans, and backs it up with a perpetual warranty (that’s a rarity these days)! The company reports that this pistol will begin shipping to dealers this fall, but there isn’t a listed MSRP as of this time. We do, however, have the following specifications:
- “ROEBUCK QUAD-LOCK” for more repeatable accuracy.
- Magazine: Includes (3) double stack, 10 round capacity magazines. 1 with finger extension base installed and 2 with flat bases.
- Barrel: Machined from bar stock with 7 lands and grooves having a 1:16 right-hand twist.
- Receiver: 7075‐T6 aircraft grade heat treated aluminum alloy, machined from bar stock.
- Slide: Quality Stainless Steel available with Natural Stainless or Black Nitride finish.
- Grip/Frame: Made from Zytel polymer, with ergonomic finger grooves.
- Recoil Spring System: All steel, fully encapsulated for ease of disassembly and reassembly.
- Slide Lock/Release: Steel with a Zytel over molded polymer extension for ease of operation.
- 3 Dot Sight System: Steel rear sight, adjustable for windage only with locking screw.
- Hammer Firing System: Double-action only, internal hammer with inertial firing pin to prevent accidental discharge if dropped.
- Safety: Ambidextrous manual safety.
- Double-action trigger: Specifically designed for shooter comfort and accuracy by designing the system to have a smooth effortless, consistent 9-pound trigger pull.
- Trigger Guard Lock: Custom designed to properly fit and be child resistant. Includes 2 keys.
For more information, or to join the SCCY newsletter so you’ll be notified when the CPX-4 goes on sale, visit www.sccy.com.