President Biden’s tired old gun ban ideas have never, and will never, help solve America’s crime problem. These might.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) is the lobbying arm for the gun industry, and they’ve come out loud and proud against Biden’s call for more gun bans. In the below notice from NSSF, we’ve learned that the organization has a series of very simple ideas that will address America’s crime problem without infringing on our Second Amendment rights. Chances are that you’ve had similar ideas, because they’re rational and rooted in common sense. So the next time someone you know tells you with a straight face that gun bans are the only solution, just forward them this article and see what they say.
The anniversary of the tragic and senseless murders in Parkland, Fla., three years ago remind us why the firearm industry is committed to Real Solutions. Safer Communities®. The loss of innocent lives because of the unthinkable acts of a criminal defies explanation but deserves our efforts to try to prevent them from occurring again.
President Joe Biden’s call for his gun control agenda is not working to address the shared American goal of reducing criminal misuse of firearms. His demand that Congress ban the modern sporting rifle (MSR), which he knowingly mislabels an “assault rifle” and “weapon of war,” denies the reality that more murders are committed with knives, fists and clubs than all rifles combined. Over 20 million MSRs are in circulation today, used daily for lawful purposes.
President Biden’s call to repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), a law passed with wide bipartisan support, panders to the radical base of his party. Rolling it back would be akin to allowing activist lawyers to sue Ford for the wrongful deaths caused by drunk drivers.
The criminal responsible for the horrors thrust on Parkland, and the nation, must be held accountable for his crimes. Anything less is a whitewash of the failures of local, state and federal authorities to act on any of the 45 instances of warnings, tips and police responses prior to his final terrible crimes.
The firearm industry has been willing to take on this hard work. It has not waited. The firearm industry provides Real Solutions, including partnerships with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and local law enforcement to include:
- Partnering with 15,000 law enforcement agencies to distribute 40 million firearm safety kits, including locking devices, for safe firearm storage through Project ChildSafe®.
- Fixing the FBI’s background check system by changing the law in 16 states and in Congress to increase reporting of disqualifying adjudicated mental health records, resulting in a 266 percent increase.
- Partnering with the ATF to prevent illegal firearm straw purchases and warning it is a crime punishable by 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Improving security at firearm retailers, with ATF, to deter criminals from stealing firearms.
- Matching ATF reward offers up to $5,000 to bring criminals to justice that steal firearms.
- Preventing firearm suicides with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and Department of Veterans Affairs.
The firearm industry is committed to the shared goal of reducing and ending criminal misuse of firearms, as well as accidents and suicides. That is the common ground. These are the proven answers to achieve this goal.
Click here to learn more about Real Solutions.
Laws & Rights3 weeks ago
SAD! Proof Biden Can’t Tell Handguns From Rifles
Ammo1 month ago
Need To Improve Your Accuracy? Say Hello to GREEN STREAK
Laws & Rights2 months ago
Gun-Grabbers Try Pulling a Speedy Gonzales on Florida Hispanics
By Brand2 months ago
Is This the World’s Flattest-Shooting AR Pistol?
By Interest1 month ago
The Right Tool: M1 Carbine in Vietnam
By Interest1 month ago
4 Words: Steambow. Tactical. Repeating. Crossbow.
By Type2 months ago
You Spin Me! LKCI’s .410 Revolving Shotgun
Laws & Rights4 weeks ago
America Voted Pro-Gun. Biden’s Puppetmasters Don’t Care.